13. lipnja 2023.
University of Split and University of Dubrovnik announce
Call for application for admission to the doctoral study Applied Marine Sciences
in the academic year 2023/2024
Doctoral study Applied Marine Sciences is conducted by the University of Split and the University of Dubrovnik. The study lasts three years, six semesters (180 ECTS points), and upon completion of the study, following academic degree is obtained: Doctor of Science in the field of biotechnical sciences or Doctor of Science in the field of natural sciences, depending on the scientific field that is mostly covered by the topic of the doctorate.
The conditions for admission to the doctoral study are:
- completed university undergraduate or graduate study in the scientific field of natural and biotechnical sciences or related fields;
- grade point average of at least 3.6, and in exceptional cases it can be lower than 3.6 but not lower than 3.0, in which case the applicant must attach two relevant recommendations, one of which must be from the Head of the graduate study;
- achieved at least 300 ECTS points;
- enrolment can be exceptionally granted to persons who have completed university undergraduate or graduate study in other scientific fields than those determined by this study program, with the passing of differential exams, which are a prerequisite for attending the doctoral study, which is decided by the Council of the doctoral study.
The tuition fee is EUR 5,300.00 for each student, EUR 2,000.00 for the first and second year and EUR 1,300.00 for the third year of study.
The number of available places is 10.
The application must contain:
- completed application form for admission to the doctoral study;
- a certified copy of the university's undergraduate and graduate degree;
- transcript of grades of the completed university undergraduate or graduate studies, with the calculated grade point average of the completed study;
- certificate of nationality and birth certificate (it is also possible to submit electronic records from state registries issued through the e-Citizens service) and proof of citizenship for foreign citizens;
- a list of published scientific and professional papers, if the applicant has them;
- confirmation of the employer/legal entity on the payment of the tuition fee for the doctoral study, if the tuition fee for the applicant is paid by the employer/legal entity;
- applicants who have completed their studies abroad must also submit a Decision on the recognition of a foreign higher education qualification, after the procedure initiated at the University of Split (https://www.unist.hr/studiji-i-nastava/dokumenti?EntryId=399#file-list).
The deadline for application submission is September 8th, 2023, and applications should be submitted by registered mail via postal services to the address: University of Split, University Department of Marine Studies, Ruđera Boškovića 37, 21 000 Split, Croatia, with the note "Application for the doctoral study Applied Marine Science''.
By sending applications to this call, the applicants agree that the University of Split, University Department of Marine Studies may collect, use and further process their personal data for the purpose of implementing the tender procedure, in accordance with the regulations governing the protection of personal data.
For additional information, applicants can contact the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. General information about the doctoral study and the application form for admission to the doctoral study are available on the website of the University Department of Marine Studies of the University of Split (https://more.unist.hr/en/Study/Postgraduate-Study).